• Maggwire collects personal information when you register with or subscribe to Maggwire when you use Maggwire services when you visit Maggwire pages or the pages of certain Maggwire partners, and when you enter promotions, contests or sweepstakes. Maggwire may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
• When you register, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. Once you register with Maggwire and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
• Maggwire collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners.
• Maggwire automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Maggwire cookie information, and the pages or videos you request.
• Maggwire uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
• Maggwire does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
• We share the information with trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Maggwire under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Maggwire communicate with you about offers from Maggwire and our marketing partners. However, these trusted partners do not have any independent right to share this information.
• We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
• Maggwire displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria – for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
• Maggwire does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
• Maggwire advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
• Maggwire works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
• Maggwire may set and access Maggwire cookies on your computer.
• Maggwire lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Maggwire’s cookies.
• Maggwire may use web beacons to access Maggwire cookies inside and outside our network of websites and in connection with Maggwire products and services.
Maggwive is a participant of the Amazon Affiliates program. It means that, when you click on some of the Amazon product links on our site and purchase goods and services on Amazon.com, we are promoted a small portion of commission for driving traffic to Amazon.com as a publisher. This does not in any way affect the pricing on the item you purchased.
Confidentiality and Security
We will use the personal information provided by you under the proper commercial exercise and applicable law. If you provide us your e-mail address or have previously done so, we may upon occasion send you e-mail offers.
Maggwire does not knowingly solicit data from children or knowingly market to children. Maggwire is concerned about the safety of children and their use of the Internet. Therefore, under the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not knowingly request or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. If we receive or collect such Personal Information without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible.
Opt In/Opt Out
Maggwire provides you with an easy means to decline to receive e-mail offers. Although most of our users tell us that they appreciate receiving notice of these opportunities, we recognize the importance of providing you with the choice to “opt-out.” If you do not want Maggwire to send you any e-mail or postal mail about our products and services, you can opt-out at the time by contacting us using “Contact” tab on our Homepage. Also, all e-mail offers sent directly from Maggwire will inform you as to how you can “opt-out” or decline to receive further e-mail offers. If, at a later date, you choose to have your name removed from our email database, you can do so by contacting us using “Contact” tab on our Homepage.
Submission to Agreement on Terms of Service