Jump to recipe
How to make classic chocolate frosting?
You can use this simple chocolate frosting recipe to frost any cake or cupcakes.
Personalize your cake by adding colored sprinkles or cake decorations. For something ultra-chic, sprinkle on some edible glitter.
Classic Chocolate Frosting Recipe
- 4 squares Baker's Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate over very low heat, stirring constantly.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy.
- Add about half of the powdered sugar gradually.
- Keep beating until well blended.
- Add chocolate and vanilla.
- Add the rest of the sugar and milk alternately.
- Keep beating until well-blended.
- This recipe can be doubled for layered cakes.
© 2023 All materials including recipes are copyrighted materials of Maggwire. Please do not use without a written consent.