Jump to recipe
How to make coconut pecan frosting?
Though this frosting tastes good on any cake, it’s a perfect match for our German Chocolate cake. Make a double batch of layer cakes.
Feel like overindulging? Top our olive oil brownies with this frosting.
Coconut Pecan Fosting Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 large egg yolks
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, milk, egg yolks and butter.
- Cook over medium heat, constantly stirring until mixture thickens.
- Just when the mixture starts boiling around the edges, reduce heat to low, and continue to stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and add coconut and pecans.
- Let frosting cool.
© 2023 All materials including recipes are copyrighted materials of Maggwire. Please do not use without a written consent.