A garage door is your first and most important line of defense against the increasing number of incidents of vehicle theft. It is also a necessary investment to protect your vehicle from the harsh and unpredictable weather conditions of the outside. If you are living in Algonquin or the adjacent areas and have not given a thought to garage door repair or installation, you should get in touch with a professional service provider like J&J Garage Door and Electric Openers, who offer 24-hour emergency repair services.
Such professional services also specialize in garage door openers that are designed for seamless entry and exit, with years of experience in serving resident and commercial customers in Dundee, Barrington, Elgin & Cary, Crystal & McHenry, Lake Zurich & Lake in the Hills.
Steps to Extend the Life of your Garage Doors
- Choice of Material – If longevity is on your mind then you must opt for steel as the choice of material for garage door construction. Aluminum is another good choice as it also suited for humid climates. While a wooden door might add to the aesthetic value, it is not considered to last longer because of external conditions.
- Insulated Garage Doors – More people are opting for insulated garage doors today for a simple reason that they can result in energy efficiency. They are especially helpful for homes or rooms that are located directly above the garage door. The money thus saved can be utilized for your garage door maintenance needs.
- The Weather Factor – Be it residential or commercial garage doors, weather often plays an important factor in their selection. The use of “storm doors” for instance can provide that extra layer of protection against harsh elements of nature and therefore must be considered if you happen to live in areas known to have harsh weather conditions.
- Cleaning the tracks – Do keep checking for debris inside the tracks and clean them on a regular basis for a smooth functioning of your garage door.
- Tighten the loose bolts and nuts – It can be quite a daunting task to check for every nut and bolt but you must do so to ensure a proper functioning of these doors and so that you can use them safely.
If all of this sounds intimidating, it is always a good idea to go for professional garage door repair services where a skilled professional can inspect these doors in a detailed manner. The fact is that there are many different aspects to garage door maintenance that a DIY approach is best avoided for safety reasons. For instance, repairing broken springs, adjusting spring tensions, inspecting fraying cables and replacing them.
It is for this reason that you must consider investing in an annual maintenance contract for a reliable garage door repair and installation service provider in Algonquin like J&J Garage Door and Electric Openers. After all, any negligence when it comes to garage door safety can end up causing damage to your vehicle and also lead to personal injury.